iGPU issues with proxmox 6.1 and i5 4460

Lajara

Jan 22, 2020
Hello everyone!

I want to output via HDMI a VM that passthrough my igpu.
For other machines I succesfully passthrough pice gpu but now that I'm doing it with igpus I just can't do it and I don't know what I'm doing it wrong so this is my last hope :v
After follow a lot of guides I can't make work the igpu of my machine how I want...

GRUB:
1.PNG
CONFIG:
2.PNG
KVM:
3.PNG
BLACKLIST:
4.PNG

If anyone knows which is my mistake, please tell me because I spen the last weeks trying things but I'm kinda nood in proxmox and VMs.
Finally I want to excuse me for my english if I said something wrong.

Thank you!

The only way I ever got this to work with ovmf was to provide the rom file. Going seabios may proove to be much easier.
Thanks for your fast reply, but I doesn't can figure out how to setup for make it work with SEABIOS because is asking me for a bootable device instead of take the VM directly what it what happen in OVMF. If you have any sugestion about how to fix it I will be glad to give it a try!

Last edited:
Thanks for your fast reply, but I doesn't can figure out how to setup for make it work with SEABIOS because is asking me for a bootable device instead of take the VM directly what it what happen in OVMF. If you have any sugestion about how to fix it I will be glad to give it a try!

Sounds like your install is specific for UEFI boot. Can you reinstall windows with seabios?

Reactions: Lajara
Sounds like your install is specific for UEFI boot. Can you reinstall windows with seabios?

I also have that magic vbios rom file you can also try with UEFI. Unfortunately the forums don't allow me to attach this file as the extension isn't allowed. Id have to get it to you some other way.

Hi, I just install win10 in the same node, windows boot and works, but I can't make it show through the screen even with the new bios. Can you pass me the vbios through email or discord?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!