[SOLVED] I want to connect external Proxmox server with my local cluster

SistemasSPA

Aug 10, 2023
Hi,
I want to connect my external proxmox server which is in other network with my local cluster currently with 3 nodes connected.
I tried installing a VPN in the external server but when I try to join the cluster I got this error during the conection:

permission denied - invalid PVE ticket (401)​

And then the WEB INTERFACE stop working.
In the cluster appears this message:
1691671640597.png
What can I do?

Hello

It sounds like the latency in your setup could be a problem. The latency should be <10ms. See network requirements.

With that said you could try to run pvecm updatecerts --force on all the nodes

Last edited:
With that I repair the external node, for some reason in pveproxy appears an error and with that command fixes.

I calculated the ping from external node with my local cluster and is 30ms, so high.

I want connect the external node for move my VMs from my local. Because the external node is a cloud and is better than my actual nodes.

Is any way to move my VM's to that node?

Thanks!

A cluster is ment for one local, low latency network. What you have are multiple cluster in different locations. A transfer in that case is usually done by backing up the vm in one cluster and restoring it to the other

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!