I/O usage monitoring from host

systemctl

Jun 3, 2022
Hello.
Proxmox 7.1
Is there any way to monitor per-host I/O usage ? In previous versions i could do that by simple "iotop", that showed certain vms and their writes/reads. But now i only see "io_wqe_worker-*" that means nothing for me...

How do u guys monitor which VM uses a lot of disk resources?

Really frustrating for me, any help or suggestions are appreciate.

proxmox 7.1, debian11, qcow2 disks.

With an extrnal metric server, you're able to look at the I/O per VM.
So there is no build-in mechanics to monitor it with io_uring enabled by default ?
Cuz qm set ID --DISK OPTIONS,aio=native does the trick, so i think if i need to do it for every vm on cluster...

What external metric can u recommend for this?

Code:
qm status ID --verbose
should also show quite some io statistics (per vm disk)

Code:
qm status ID --verbose
should also show quite some io statistics (per vm disk)
ye, i know about that, but if i have like 100 vms on cluster and someone of them started using a lot of I/O it's kinda difficult to check them all to find the "criminal". Some time ago i just used iotop, but it's not possible with uring.

I will use external metric + influx + grafana. Ty very much for ur help guys.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!