I have been constantly plagued with getting a KVM for Linux to run. But, HARK

gcmartin

Sep 14, 2010
Here is my link to EVERYTHING that was done on a Pristine Proxmox installation.
I replicated the steps that are in the PROXMOX "official" V2 Ubuntu video. And this time, I captures all steps replicated. The steps shown in the video were not different than any of the multiple attempts I had already made in an effort to get a KVM Linux guest to boot.

My installation ended in failure as well.

I am, respectfully, asking Proxmox forum assistance and to "Please review all that is there". I fear that Proxmox either has a bug, or has implemented a feature that cripples the ability for a Pristine test of Proxmox with KVM guest by accidentally overlooking necessary steps to operate the KVM Linux VM guest.

Please advise. Others who have had problems, too, need review this link. It may be consistent with what's happened to you, as well.

P.S. This bug has been reported on the above, solely because of the flexibility to provide the screens for review.

Thanks in advance

I do not really got the point. your links does not tell anything, just a google login. pls post the whole story here, logs hosted on third party server are not that useful as these content will disapear most time quite soon.

I've had to go into the BIOS and enable VT mode, there is nothing on the web frontend to tell you this is a problem and VMs will fail to start saying "KVM is unavailable" lsmod says kvm is loaded. I'm pretty sure the first time I booted one of these, I was in front of the machine and I saw the message scroll by saying please enable VT, but if you're not watching then it's not easy to tell. It may not be the problem in this case. I didn't go to the other site either.

Here is my link to EVERYTHING that was done on a Pristine Proxmox installation.
I replicated the steps that are in the PROXMOX "official" V2 Ubuntu video. And this time, I captures all steps replicated. The steps shown in the video were not different than any of the multiple attempts I had already made in an effort to get a KVM Linux guest to boot.

My installation ended in failure as well.

I am, respectfully, asking Proxmox forum assistance and to "Please review all that is there". I fear that Proxmox either has a bug, or has implemented a feature that cripples the ability for a Pristine test of Proxmox with KVM guest by accidentally overlooking necessary steps to operate the KVM Linux VM guest.

Please advise. Others who have had problems, too, need review this link. It may be consistent with what's happened to you, as well.

P.S. This bug has been reported on the above, solely because of the flexibility to provide the screens for review.

Thanks in advance
Hi,
virtualisation enabled in bios? check on the host with
Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep svm
Any error at starting? Check on the host with
Code:
qm start 111
Udo

Tom, you have been most helpful in the past. I regard what you do in the highest reagrd.

The presentation of the problem was place on my web area as its gives a document layout that I think make it very obvious what has been happening on the system that I have trying to conduct an evaluation of Proxmox V2 on during the past several months, now..

In posting to the forum, I have gotten the impression that most have NOT been able to visualize the problem from the PROXMOX desktop view.

So, in an effort to give everyone who is and has been trying to help me, I prepared a complete experience of the problem in an very easy to read and easy to view format.

I am not trying to offend anyone by placing a single-click link to the problem.

Please take a moment and put any ill feelings aside to look at the problem in an effort to help. There is no login requirement, no tracking occurring, no request for information, no anything that would/could be considered non-professional. Its just a page without advertising containing documentation in an easy to read format for Proxmox forum support viewing.

If you prefer, I will create a document and email it to you OR if there's any other hoops you want me to jump thru so that you don't have to click, tell me. But, to take all the time it took to created that professional document would take another hour or 2 of my time so that you can "still" see at a glance all the elements of the problem occurring within Proxmox.

Please take the 1sec click it take to look at the problem. please

Last edited:
all posts here are public available. all including logs and screenshots and any attachments should be placed here, no external links.

only this rules makes it possible for others to benefit of your experiences and hopefully all solutions. if anyone to not want to post logs or attachments to the public, there are private support options available.

OK, I get it and understand the support issue. Even though the page I present is public, you really want it here. OK, I take the time to upload everything to the forum as you ask.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!