HTTP session time out?

mzch

Jan 25, 2010
Japan
Hi,

I installed the latest PVE on Debian/lenny.
I login the web console and leave it be, after a while, it always times out and I have to login again. Is it impossible to stay connected to the web UI all the time?

I see, but if possible, will you please improve PVE so that end-users can control active session's period, i.e. an hour, a day, a week or forever?

lets see, but in any case, forever makes no sense as this is a major security issue.

Yes, regarding to forever, I think, for example, it's preferable that forever option should be effective only if being accessed from the preassigned ip.
Thanks.

what is your use case for 'forever'?

I mean that PVE will never disconnect a login session until an administrator will logout or close his/her browser if once he/she logins.

I understand what you mean but i do not see the reason why you want this. Auto-disconnect is what you want in 99 % of the cases, so what use case do you have that you need a forever living session?

The current settings of the session period is too short for me. If it become to be under the control with end-users, 'forever' is not an important factor. ;)

It's nice! This auto-reloader just resolved my problem...but it seems to hardly be an essential solution...?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!