[TUTORIAL] HOWTO - Proxmox VE 8-x.x Wifi with routed configuration

Correct. Not sure if they realize that though.

You cannot bridge a wireless adapter unless the Wifi router supports WDS mode. The Proxmox wiki is very clear about this. It's why I wrote up the tutorial in the first place - because normally you cannot bridge a wireless adapter.

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/
Someone with greater expertise with networking will have to chime in here, but I suspect the problem is occurring at the Layer 2 MAC address layer. Network devices send out an ARP advertisements to notify which physical path they can be reached at. The interval for ARP advertisements varies but is usually less than 30 minutes. When your Proxmox host is connected via ethernet the switch that it is connected to stores the MAC Address to IP Address mapping in it's local lookup table. Obviously the VM's use that same physical link so the switch will again, store the MAC to IP mapping for the VM so it knows which physical port on the switch to transfer packets to reach the host. When you pull the ethernet cable, the Proxmox host's bond[N] will transmit the appropriate Layer 2 messages to network devices so that it can still be reached via the updated physical network path. Since the VM's/containers on the Proxmox host have zero knowledge of the bond0 link failing over, they do not send ARP advertisements to update the physical path by which they can be reached.

That's my guess.
thanks for the prompt response. I saw your other comment too on wireless bridging. As i mentioned in my post, I definitely have working solution with host & cntr on different subnet. Just that same subnet no success. Anyway your ARP explanation & MAC may be a good point to dig through. There are some discussions on proxy_arp to be enabled or something but since I am not familiar, I want to hold it for now..

@jeenam I'm trying to reproduce your setup step by step, but at step 11 the PVE web interface is not available, although the PVE connects to the Wi-Fi network and the Internet is available on it. Could you please suggest me what the configuration should be if I specified the address 192.168.0.200 during the Proxmox installation and my router settings are as follows:
IP address pool: 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.249
Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp1s0 inet manual

auto wlp2s0
iface wlp2s0 inet manual
    address 192.168.0.200/24
    gateway 192.168.0.1

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.1/24
    bridge-ports none
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

@jeenam I'm trying to reproduce your setup step by step, but at step 11 the PVE web interface is not available, although the PVE connects to the Wi-Fi network and the Internet is available on it. Could you please suggest me what the configuration should be if I specified the address 192.168.0.200 during the Proxmox installation and my router settings are as follows:
IP address pool: 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.249
Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp1s0 inet manual

auto wlp2s0
iface wlp2s0 inet manual
    address 192.168.0.200/24
    gateway 192.168.0.1

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.1/24
    bridge-ports none
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

First check if the pveproxy service is running:

systemctl status pveproxy

If the service is not running it's usually because the hostname and IP address information are not set properly in /etc/hosts. Make sure the IP address of the system is in /etc/hosts and then try starting pveproxy.

Code:
systemctl start pveproxy
systemctl status pveproxy

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!