How will Proxmox 2.0 HA work?

N

Ninjix

Is there any documentation anywhere that describes how the Proxmox team is implementing HA in version 2.0? I'm also interested in the features the HA will support.

Some questions I have:

• How will heartbeats between hosts and KVMs be handled?
  • Will there be a feature for automatic "fencing" of host nodes?
  • What assumptions and rules will nodes use when they loose contact with a master?
  • How many master servers will be supported?
  • How will the cluster determine which node to re-lauch downed KVM?
Thanks

Is there any documentation anywhere that describes how the Proxmox team is implementing HA in version 2.0? I'm also interested in the features the HA will support.

We will use corosync, cman, rgmanager, ... I guess that answers all your questions?

Thanks for the information, dietmar. I'll familiarize myself with these applications. Have you had any difficulties integrating these tools with the upstream Proxmox? Should we expect to have to make any changes on our hardware arrangements to support them in Proxmox 2.0? I understand from other post threads that the Proxmox 2.0 clustering has been re-written.

Thanks for the information, dietmar. I'll familiarize myself with these applications. Have you had any difficulties integrating these tools with the upstream Proxmox?

It's a complete redesign of the cluster architecture - many changes.

Should we expect to have to make any changes on our hardware arrangements to support them in Proxmox 2.0?

No. You only need some kind of fencing devices.

I know that's perhaps a stupid question but could you already say something about the release date of PVE 2.0?

Hi all,

I have a perhaps more practical question about HA for KVM guests.

Will HA be available without the strict need for shared storage solutions?
To put it in other words, will it support a "drbd-like" (but not necessarily done using drbd) vm replication?

This -in my humble opinion- would be a killer feature, way more important than a UI revamping (the UI already seems clean and fast to me).

Best regards

Last edited:
Any expected release date for this? I'm just holding the launch of 2 servers... Bosses wanted me to go after a Xen based solution. But I like Proxmox VE a lot...

Any expected release date for this? I'm just holding the launch of 2 servers... Bosses wanted me to go after a Xen based solution. But I like Proxmox VE a lot...

See our roadmap.

Sent from Mobile Phone using Tapatalk

Hi,
Any beta release for test?
Any date to launch the release?

Thanks for your answer.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!