How to verify /reject/accept real email users at Proxmox level

Oct 26, 2019
Dear Support/ Friends,

I have a zimbra email server lying behind proxmox.

Now I need proxmox to reject the unknown users emails (of our inside domains) without going to the Zimbra.Now proxmoox is forwarding all emails on behalf of internal domains without checking with the email server whether it exists or not.

Please give me a hint.

Thanks in advance.

Liju

Dear Support/ Friends,

I have a zimbra email server lying behind proxmox.

Now I need proxmox to reject the unknown users emails (of our inside domains) without going to the Zimbra.Now proxmoox is forwarding all emails on behalf of internal domains without checking with the email server whether it exists or not.

Please give me a hint.

Thanks in advance.

Liju

The receiver verification on SMTP level is reliable and fast, why do you NOT want to use this?

This one I tried but its rejecting all emails ..I’ve changed the object “NOT LDAP User” from “From” to “To” .Still its rejecting outside emails and sending Bounce back

I am using the unknown ldap address and working fine.
DId you create an incoming block rules for the unknown ldap profile? Show us your rules...
Is your ldap configure correctly? Can you see all your valid ldap/email users in PMG?

I am using the unknown ldap address and working fine.
DId you create an incoming block rules for the unknown ldap profile? Show us your rules...
Is your ldap configure correctly? Can you see all your valid ldap/email users in PMG?

Is your ldap configure correctly? YES
Can you see all your valid ldap/email users in PMG? YES

Attachments

• LDAP.jpg
    LDAP.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 107
Yes Sir thats the option I am looking for..Can u exactly tell me where lies that option ?
GUI->Configuration->Mail Proxy->Options-> Verify Receivers

I hope this helps!

Some hackers will use verify receiver method to gather your email address....

A directory harvest attack (DHA) is a technique used by spammers in an attempt to find valid/existent e-mail addresses at a domain by using brute force. The attack is usually carried out by way of a standard dictionary attack, where valid e-mail addresses are found by brute force guessing valid e-mail addresses at a domain using different permutations of common usernames. These attacks are more effective for finding e-mail addresses of companies since they are likely to have a standard format for official e-mail aliases (i.e. jdoe@example.domain, johnd@example.domain, or johndoe@example.domain).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directory_Harvest_Attack

This one I tried but its rejecting all emails ..I’ve changed the object “NOT LDAP User” from “From” to “To” .Still its rejecting outside emails and sending Bounce back
I guess this method would cause backscatter problem, as it messages would not be rejected by SMTP protocol, but separate bounce mail would be generated after accepting first mail.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!