How to monitor LXC CPU usage ?

ca_maer

Dec 5, 2017
How would I go about monitoring the CPU usage for an LXC container ? Solutions like in Nagios reads /proc but since the CPU are shared we get a lot of false positive.

Example:
CT A has 4 cores and uses 2 at 100% - 50% total CPU usage
CT B has 2 cores which are shared with CT A - 100% CPU usage (false reading since this CT does nothing)

Thanks

Are you looking at running something on each VM, or happy with something running on the node?

If so then on the node you can make use of the built in LXC tools such as lxc-info

Are you looking at running something on each VM, or happy with something running on the node?

If so then on the node you can make use of the built in LXC tools such as lxc-info

I'm open to both. I've look into lxc-info or lxc-top but it gives CPU use in seconds and not %. I'm not sure how I could convert it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!