How to migrate existing backups to PBS

proximoxi2

Nov 1, 2019
We currently have two debian servers with a zfs pool to which we backups our containers and vm's (via NFS). We now want to migrate to PBS. Replace one of the servers to PBS, migrate the existing backups and then replace the other server.

But how do we migrate existing backups to PBS? I have not found any documentation about this.

Since it is on the roadmap since three and a half years I guess I should not expect that it gets implemented soon.
Restoring a few hundred backups does not scale very well, but I think we could extract the archives sequentially and use the proxmox backup client to backup them to pbs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!