How to create a blacklist entry

nick

Renowned Member
Mar 28, 2007
Dear Proxmox support,

we really need a documentation (with examples) about how to create blacklist entry's.

I try standard entry to block a domain but do not work; for this example I have a domain like: example.com
Everyday I receive news from different servers; I try to block domain, to block IP's but I can stop.

I receive emails from servers:

mx1.example.com
mx2.example.com
mx999.example.com

how I can block these senders based on this information's?

Thank you!

Dear Tom,

unfortunately these information's are not available in documentation or demo. I double check few minutes ago.
Anyway, the idea is that we must create such documentation. Right now, in this scenario, I can't block this domain who send emails from different servers.

Dear Tom,

unfortunately these information's are not available in documentation or demo. I double check few minutes ago.
Anyway, the idea is that we must create such documentation. Right now, in this scenario, I can't block this domain who send emails from different servers.

Not sure what you miss exactly. E.g. the demo shows a blacklist rule, see:

https://demo.proxmox.com/rules/index.htm?ruleid=4

Dear Tom,

I need the entry from "Who object" not the rule! The black list rule was created by default...
in demo, are only two objects: and IP and an email address.

Sorry, I do not understand your problem. You can add whatever you need on a WHO object. maybe a screenshot explains it better

edit-who-object.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!