How to copy backup from PBS to local PBS on VirtualBox

cfcman

Sep 6, 2024
I have a home PVE server, with a PBS running on the same host, because I want the backups to run overnight and that is the only machine that is left running 24/7.
Periodically I would like to copy my VM backups to a local disk on my desktop Windows 11 machine. I have set up another PBS instance on that machine, running as a VirtualBox VM.
I've worked out how to add the storage on my VirtualBox PBS to my main PVE host, but I can't work out how to transfer backups between the two.
Could anyone please advise?

I did see the group filter option, but I've been trying to work out how to create a group and haven't had any luck. How can a backup group be created?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!