chaiyuttochai

Apr 13, 2017
Thailand
tomato-ideas.com
Hi,

Current i set my dns for proxmox mail gateways already
which also setup domain-mx point to promox-mail-gateways eg. "email.domain.com"

For Incoming Its work already and i can see on proxmox-mail-traffic,
But for Outgoing i don't know how to set it up. when i sentmail, it using exim original to
send out and didn't pass to Proxmox-mail-gateway.

Do i need to config anything extra more???

Additional Infomation
Mail Server = vestacp with exim4.x
Exim still in original config from vestacp.com
DNS . = email.domain.com point to "Promox Mail Server"
Domain.com has webmail which config dns mx to email.domain.com

Hi chaiyu

how to setup incoming ?

I just start install PMG, incoming and out going doesn't work,all email bouncing

Thanks

Hi chaiyu

how to setup incoming ?

I just start install PMG, incoming and out going doesn't work,all email bouncing

Thanks

Just Config the DNS on MX record point to "Promox Mail Gateway"
But you need to do A record point to "Promox Mail Gateway" IP.

For example, mailgateway.domain.com to 555.777.999.888
then config MX record to mailgateway.domain.com.
Dont forgot to open port 26 on your mail server too

yes we already do like yours
on cpanel we change exim port to 26
but stil doesn't work all email bounce

Please send information about outgoing config with exim?
Seem your install doc doesn't have this detail

Just check your exim docs or contact your exim support. you should tell your exim mail server to send all outgoing emails to the mail gateway, using the internal port.

Just check your exim docs or contact your exim support. you should tell your exim mail server to send all outgoing emails to the mail gateway, using the internal port.

I used to config exim to send with sendgrid acount which it need user/pass to logon before sent
like this link https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11335

Code:
begin authenticators

sendgrid_login:
  driver = plaintext
  public_name = LOGIN
  client_send = : sendgridusername : sendgridpassword

begin routers

send_via_sendgrid:   
driver = manualroute   
domains = ! +local_domains   
transport = sendgrid_smtp   
route_list = "* smtp.sendgrid.net::587 byname"   
host_find_failed = defer   no_more

But for proxmox where is the user/pass to config??
Or else it doesn't need user/pass to send throght PMG?

for other Mail gatewy in Cpanel Server just insert to smarthost will work
Lsp7zzpBRTGHhm-01C7O4A.png

But I do on PMG its doesn't work

Regards
Eko

do you use the right port?

do you use the right port?

Hi, i have config smarthost in exim already

Here is the config in Exim
Code:
smarthost:
  driver = manualroute
  domains = ! +local_domains
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = * mailgateway.domain.io::26
  no_more
  no_verify

Which i see on the exim log it got this error

Code:
2018-02-20 01:02:42 1enply-0001Ha-Lk <= chai@domain.me H=(ketspace.io) [127.0.0.1] P=esmtp S=611 id=3eae27bea5470427e19bfd417817ce87@domain.me
2018-02-20 01:02:42 1enply-0001Ha-Lk == chaiyut.jan@tomato-ideas.com R=smarthost T=remote_smtp defer (-44) H=mailgateway.ketspace.io [58.82.170.109]: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<chaiyut.jan@tomato-ideas.com>: 451 4.3.0 <chaiyut.jan@tomato-ideas.com>: Temporary lookup failure
2018-02-20 01:02:45 dovecot_login authenticator failed for 61-91-4-248.static.asianet.co.th (SOURCE) [61.91.4.248]: 535 Incorrect authentication data (set_id=webmaster)

And i found that on "Promox Mail Gateway" Already has sent mail pass from my mail server,
but the problem is that it was reject to sentout why?

Then i see this error on "Tracking Center"
In Additional information, need to cencer my IP into xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Code:
Feb 20 01:02:42 gateway postfix/smtpd[1953]: connect from unknown[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
Feb 20 01:02:42 gateway postfix/smtpd[1953]: warning: smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions: non-null host address bits in "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/28", perhaps you should use "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/28" instead
Feb 20 01:02:42 gateway postfix/smtpd[1953]: warning: mynetworks: non-null host address bits in "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/28", perhaps you should use "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/28" instead
Feb 20 01:02:42 gateway postfix/smtpd[1953]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 451 4.3.0 <chaiyut.jan@tomato-ideas.com>: Temporary lookup failure; from=<chai@domain.me> to=<chaiyut.jan@tomato-ideas.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<K-Main.ketspace03.local>
Feb 20 01:02:42 gateway postfix/smtpd[1953]: warning: smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions: non-null host address bits in "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/28", perhaps you should use "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/28" instead
Feb 20 01:02:42 gateway postfix/smtpd[1953]: disconnect from unknown[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] ehlo=1 mail=1 rcpt=0/1 data=0/1 quit=1 commands=3/5

Where i need to check it out? any guildline Please?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!