How to check RAID status in proxmox ve 6.2

mlaurentz

Jun 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to check raid status in proxmox ve 6.2 ?
Currently, our server's disk has red light color on one of the hard disk.
Also, How to check if there is any error with the hard disk ?
Many thanks in advance

If you are using Proxmox's software raid it should be ZFS and you can run zpool status to se the status and health of the ZFS pools.
For problems with your hard disks you should try the "smartctl" command. For example smartctl -a /dev/sdX if you want to get detailed health information of drive "sdX" or smartctl -t short /dev/sdX to initialize a short self test of the drive "sdX".

Hi Dunuin,

Thanks for your response.
I have checked with the command that you shared.
However, i couldnt determine which Raid is it. Could you help to share opinion about these ? (i attached some pictures)
Thanks

Attachments

• sdb.JPG
    sdb.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 181
  • sda.JPG
    sda.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 159
  • zpool status.JPG
    zpool status.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 157
Looks like it no raid at all. Just a single ZFS partition.
But atleast the pool is healthy without errors.

Last edited:
Thanks for your prompt response Dunuin.
Do you know if there is any command to check if there is any error on the hard disk of the server from porxmox terminal ?
I notice there is red light on one of the hard disk but the smartctl command shows no error at all

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!