how much bandwidth does cluster network take usually?

colben

Sep 26, 2021
# ENV
- i've got three servers(Dell R740) with two 10G NICs and four 1G NICs each.
- i'm planning to bridge one 10G NIC to VMs in every sever, and conect the other 10G NIC to an external ceph cluster.

# ISSUE
- Is one 1G NIC enough for 'PVE Cluster Network' ?
- i plan to use one or two 1G NICS in every server to setup a seprate cluster network(redundancy).

around 2-6mbit/s.

it's better to have multiple links. (you can defined multiple networks when you create cluster), because if you reboot your switch, the cluster will be readonly.

dedicated links without other traffic is better too, to avoid latency or congestion on the link.

Reactions: colben
around 2-6mbit/s.

it's better to have multiple links. (you can defined multiple networks when you create cluster), because if you reboot your switch, the cluster will be readonly.

dedicated links without other traffic is better too, to avoid latency or congestion on the link.
Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!