How do I recover LXC from raw file in Proxmox 7.x?

oppeqq

Jun 29, 2020
I have a server in ovh, I had Proxmox 4 or 5 installed there for 2 years, it occurred to me to update and everything went to hell, I activated the recovery mode of the server and I brought the .raw file and the .conf files, before After formatting the server to install a new version of proxmox I am testing locally, I understand that
1- generate a new LXC container with the same characteristics.
2 - replace the raw (but here when creating the container it does not create anything in /var/lib/vz/images/)? like the past version of proxmox, is there something to do in proxmox 7.x? different

¿In which folder should the .raw file be included?

Last edited:
By default when using LVM or ZFS PVE won't store any virtual disks as files. It will either store them as datasets or (ext4 formated?) thin volumes. If you want to use raw image files you need to use a directory storage to store your virtual disks. Also keep in mind that PVE7 won't support cgroup anymore, so really old LXCs that don't support cgroup2 will need workarounds to gewt them running.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!