How do I mount network share AFTER TrueNAS VM starts?

i_love_proxmox

Jun 26, 2022
I'm using a TrueNAS VM for network shares and some of my containers use network folders in that VM. So I mount the shares in Proxmox and bind mount & remap uid/gid's in my unprivileged containers. This works fine unless I reboot. Proxmox fails to mount these folders since the VM hasn't started, and empty bind mounts cause problems in my containers. Does this situation have already a workaround? Or should I need to write a cron script to check if TrueNAS VM started and then mount + start containers?

If you really want to make shure that the NAS VM is running before starting the LXCs, a script like that is also the best solution that comes to my mind.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!