[SOLVED] How can I access Proxmox WebUI from a device on a different network?

mhayhurst

Jul 21, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have a fresh install of Proxmox 7.1-7 with the WebUI being on a 192.168.1.0/24 network and I'm trying to access it from a 192.168.35.0/24 network. I have two older Proxmox machines on the same 192.168.1.0/24 network and I'm able to access their WebUI's from my 192.168.35.0/24 network so I know this is possible. My main firewall rules allow full communication between the two networks. Also, I was able to successfully access the Proxmox 7.1-7 WebUI from a machine on the 192.168.1.0/24 network so the WebUI is working. I've disabled the firewall within Proxmox but still no luck. Is there something else I need to do within Proxmox to allow traffic between the two networks? I vaguely remember doing something several years ago on my older Proxmox machines but could not find anything within the network or firewall settings that would indicate that.

Last edited:
Hey,

how are those two networks connected? How did you set up routing between those two networks?

They are both wired connections to a Ubiquiti ES-24-250w switch on separate vlans with pfSense being used as the firewall and routing.

This was my fault. I'm replacing one of my older Promxox nodes but using the same IP. Although that node is powered off I forgot to change the Static Mapping MAC address to the new Proxmox 7.1 machine's MAC address in pfSense. All is well now!

Reactions: Hannes Laimer

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!