Host lost iGPU & Network after guest reboots

AkiMisaka

Jun 21, 2024
CPU: Intel i7-7700
GPU: Intel Graphics HD 630 & NVIDIA Geforce GT 730
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z270-P
Disk: WD SN750 & SKHynix PC711

I set IOMMU on and passed-through GT 730, NVMe PC711 and 3 USB Ports to a Windows 10 LTSC guest machine. Whenever I reboot my guest machine, the iGPU of host will stop output and host & guest will both lose thier network connection while the network controller itself is not down (signal light still flickering). Could anyone help? Thx.

Attached is the report generated by pve.

Attachments

• pve-pve-report-Fri-21-June-2024-17-29.txt
    40.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I set IOMMU on and passed-through GT 730, NVMe PC711 and 3 USB Ports to a Windows 10 LTSC guest machine. Whenever I reboot my guest machine, the iGPU of host will stop output and host & guest will both lose thier network connection while the network controller itself is not down (signal light still flickering). C
This is usually a sign that one (or more) of the PCI(e) devices that you pass through does not reset properly and takes the whole host down. Either use a different device or find a work-around (on the internet) for the reset issue for that device.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!