High Memory Consumption

Elenilson Pereira

Feb 6, 2019
Good Morning.
I implemented a Proxmox server for testing in a company that provides consulting, what happens is:

Server has 16gb RAM.
Only Server 2016 x64 is currently installed.

I can not work with 2 concurrent users in RDP and I have not been able to figure out what happens to the memory consumption so far.

I've attached the images and can see that in the PROXMOX Summary the 16gb appears and informs that it is consuming only 3.76Gb.

In the Summary in the SRV, appear the 16gb and the consumption is in 12.60gb.

I have PROXMOX running in the other company with 4 servers operating with 8gb normally and I did the same installation.

Give me a light!

Attachments

• proxmox.JPG
    proxmox.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 21
Hi,

I checked KSM and BALLOONING.

I had installed the drivers but not the BALLOONING service.

I installed the service, deactivated Windows virtual memory, unnecessary services, and anything else that could affect performance. Unsuccessfully!

KSM tried to disable it since I only have 1 virtualized system, it also did not make any difference. What else can I try?

Complementing, I also changed from 16gb to 12gb on the server, that is, does not allocate the total memory of the micro to the VM.

I can not work with 2 concurrent users in RDP
For that part, you need to check inside the VM. The Eventlog, Licensing and the 'Remote Desktop Service' role are sure a good point to start.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!