[SOLVED] Hide nodes a user has no permission for

mbosma

Dec 3, 2018
In short: Would it be possible to hide nodes from the overview in the left panel if a user has nothing to do with it?
pvenodes.png

Some backstory:
I'm using separate clusters for my users at this moment.
Pro is that we have good separation between them, con is loads of overhead and a lot of unused spares.
Creating a multi-tenant cluster will provide a lot more redundancy and easier manageability.
I don't like the idea of user seeing a bunch of nodes they shouldn't have to see because they're not theirs.
So would it be possible to hide these nodes when they don't have access to them and/or none of their vm's/storage is running on there?

no, because there are no ACLs defining access to nodes (at the moment).

@fabian is it the plan to add this functionality? I understand that it will also always display in the URL. But if you give customers acces to portal with a own pool, it doesn't look nice if it show all hardware nodes.

it would be 9.0 material, since it would be a rather big semantic change in the ACL system (similar to the network-related changes we did with 8.0)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!