GVT-d GPU passthrough VM configuration

Oct 10, 2022
While experimenting with GPU passthrough I could not configure to VM in Proxmox, as instructed by this guide from Intel, I'm having trouble figuring out how to properly configure the `-device` in an existing VM in Proxmox.

According to their instructions, the guest VM should be configured as:

Bash:
#! /bin/bash -x
    /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 \
    -enable-kvm \
    -m 2048 \
    -smp 2 \
    -cpu host \
    -hda /home/img/win10-64.qcow2 \
    -vga none -nographic \
    -device vfio-pci,host=00:02.0,x-igd-gms=2,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x2,x-igd-opregion=on \
    -usb -usbdevice tablet \
    -vnc :2 \
    -net nic,macaddr=00:16:3e:60:0a:50,addr=0x3 -net tap,script=/etc/qemu-ifup \
    -daemonize

While experimenting with GPU passthrough I could not configure to VM in Proxmox, as instructed by this guide from Intel, I'm having trouble figuring out how to properly configure the `-device` in an existing VM in Proxmox.
I have no experience with this, but for mediated Intel passthrough I would follow the Proxmox guide instead: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/PCI(e)_Passthrough#_mediated_devices_vgpu_gvt_g

EDIT: Sorry, ignore this post as I got GVT-g and GVT-d confused.

Last edited:
@leesteken is it possible to output to the HDMI port using the GVT-g method?
Not as far as I know. I though you wanted GVT-g but I see now that the Intel guide is about GVT-d. Sorry, I got them confused again.
Lots of threads on this forum about PCIe passthrough of Intel integrated graphics (and all the work-arounds that are sometimes needed) but I have no experience with that (because Ivy Bridge at the time did not work at all).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!