[SOLVED] GUI displays 'grayed' nodes

Firm

Renowned Member
Oct 27, 2015
HI,

Installed Proxmox 4.2 on 3 nodes and formed cluster. CLI tools like pvecm status/nodes show that cluster is OK. But GUI randomly 'grays out' nodes and randomly takes them back. No errors, quorum is established. I changed to udpu and back to multicast - no difference. What should I check else?

Regards,
Alexander

systemd-timesyncd is running on all nodes without errors.

Code:
May 24 06:52:03 host3 systemd-timesyncd[982]: interval/delta/delay/jitter/drift 2048s/-0.001s/0.000s/0.001s/-14ppm

I have even switched from ntpd back to systemd-timesyncd - still no luck. What looks interesting - ceph cluster on these nodes doesn't complain about time synchronization problems.

P.S. Btw, why Proxmox starts systemd-timesyncd even if ntpd is up and running?

I found what's happening. Browser (web-interface) makes calls to https://hv01:8006 like
Code:
GET /api2/json/nodes/hv02/storage/local/status HTTP/1.1" 500 -

they are proxied to node hv02, then get locally proxied to tcp/85 where pvedaemon listens. Here is the timeout happened.

I have successfully resolved the problem. The root of issue was in creating ceph cluster with
Code:
pveceph init --network b.b.b.b/mask
where b.b.b.b/mask network is second (private) segment devoted to ceph intra-cluster communication. So the /etc/pve/ceph.conf had the following lines:
Code:
cluster network = b.b.b.b/mask
public network = b.b.b.b/mask

although public network (where all PVE cluster members act) is a.a.a.a/mask. So when GUI asks for storage status of any node, pvedaemon sends queries to ceph monitors in a.a.a.a/mask segment instead of addresses from b.b.b.b/mask network. I changed ceph monitor addresses and public network to a.a.a.a/mask and problem has gone.

So when specifying --network option with pveceph init command expect to change /etc/pve/ceph.conf to address your scheme.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!