Getting emails for all vzdump backups now, regardless of status

Jan 24, 2020
I have a couple backups configured in Proxmox (going to PBS). Both of them have "On failure only" set for Notify. Up until now this worked fine, I only get emails when something fails. All of a sudden, as of yesterday, I have been getting notifications for all backups including successful ones (which is like %90+ of the time). I tried changing the Notify setting to "Notify always" and saving, then changing the setting back to "On failure only" but I still continue to get emails for successful backups.

Am I missing something, or is this possibly a bug in the new version of pve-manager (currently running 8.0.9)?

Reactions: GKmst
Same here, was just about to post the same thing. Only started after the upgrade to 8.0.9 for me. They added a new "Notification" section under "Datacenter" so maybe that has something to do with it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!