FQDN as hostname for container

floh79

Jun 30, 2019
Hi I have an issue with Plesk running as container. An Plesk-extension needs the hostname is properly set as FQDN.

Let say I want name it 'server.domain.tld' (on my machine I of course use valid hostname).

I did:
Code:
hostnamectl set-hostname server.domain.tld
root@server:~# hostnamectl status | grep 'Static hostname'
   Static hostname: server.domain.tld

But after every reboot its reset to 'server' so domain is removed:
Code:
   Static hostname: server

Why? How can I avoid that? I already changed the hostname of that container on WebGUI but it didn't help even the node is correctly displayed '110 (server.domain.tld)'

Best regards
Floh

Hello. Did you set domain.tld in the "DNS domain" field in the "DNS" section of the lxc container?
Hi, just tried that. But still didn't help, unfortunately:

Code:
   Static hostname: server

Hi I have an issue with Plesk running as container. An Plesk-extension needs the hostname is properly set as FQDN.
the hostname is not the FQDN.

I copied an explanation from "man hostname":

Code:
The  FQDN  (Fully  Qualified Domain Name) of the system is the name that the resolver(3) returns for the host name, such as, ursula.example.com.  It is usually the hostname followed by
       the DNS domain name (the part after the first dot).  You can check the FQDN using hostname --fqdn or the domain name using dnsdomainname.

=> fix the plesk-extension?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!