Fingerprint not verified, abort!

Teslazavr

Sep 29, 2021
Hello everybody! This error occurs when a node is connected to a worker cluster consisting of two nodes. Please tell me how to fix this error, what is a fingerprint, where can I find it? I'm new, so I apologize early for the incompetence.

Can you please be a bit more specific what is going on, what actions you take when you see the error? What do you mean with
when a node is connected to a worker cluster consisting of two nodes
?

Can you please be a bit more specific what is going on, what actions you take when you see the error? What do you mean with

?
I will try to tell you clearly. I have a working cluster, there are two servers in this cluster. I connect the third server to this cluster. And in the process of joining the cluster this error occurs

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 79
I will try to tell you clearly. I have a working cluster, there are two servers in this cluster. I connect the third server to this cluster. And in the process of joining the cluster this error occurs

Does the third server have the same entries in /etc/hosts? All servers should have entries for all servers. Example:

Code:
root@pve02:~# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
10.2.2.231 pve01.cloudfighter.de pve01
10.2.2.232 pve02.cloudfighter.de pve02
10.2.2.233 pve03.cloudfighter.de pve03

What happens if you add via cli?

pvecm add IP_Addres

Last edited:
Does the third server have the same entries in /etc/hosts? All servers should have entries for all servers. Example:

Code:
root@pve02:~# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
10.2.2.231 pve01.cloudfighter.de pve01
10.2.2.232 pve02.cloudfighter.de pve02
10.2.2.233 pve03.cloudfighter.de pve03

What happens if you add via cli?

pvecm add IP_Addres
I'll check it, thanks. Are you sure that changing the hosts files on the working servers of the cluster will not result in some new error?

I'll check it, thanks. Are you sure that changing the hosts files on the working servers of the cluster will not result in some new error?

You should ofc set your own local name entries. How does your /etc/hosts from each node look like?

Last edited:
You should ofc set your own local name entries. How do your /etc/hosts from each node look like?
In the cluster in the hosts files there really is no information about the third server. and in the third server in the hosts file there is no information about the servers in the cluster.

In the cluster in the hosts files there really is no information about the third server. and in the third server in the hosts file there is no information about the servers in the cluster.

You should add those entries, should also have no downside. Thats on of the first things to do if you wanna build a cluster local dns entries via /etc/hosts. also if the first two servers have entries, why shouldnt the third also have those ;-) ?

You should add those entries, should also have no downside. Thats on of the first things to do if you wanna build a cluster local dns entries via /etc/hosts. also if the first two servers have entries, why shouldnt the third also have those ;-) ?
They should be on the third server) logical) Thank you! I will write how the operation will be successful.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!