file restore test

that seems to be a different error though - your screenshot doesn't show any extra partitions, but the log does.. how did you create the NTFS filesystem (exact steps please :))

Yes, we can see these partitions on disk D E and F, but file restore on E and F works properly.
Those are reserved partition created by Windows :
1711018318315.png

The NTFS partition on disk D (like others) was create under windows.

Mapping the backup creates two devices : /dev/loop0p1 and /dev/loop0p2
And I can mount /dev/lopp0p2 (since I've installed ntfs-3G under Debian)

Reactions: andy77
which version of windows? using which options? if you want us to fix your issue, you need to provide the necessary information to reproduce it..

no, when creating the file system ;)

Ouch ! This server is in operation for a long time. Don't remember, but Windows created the file system, I think with default options.

We think under Proxmox 7, there were no errors with file restore on this partition. Perhaps this error appeared with proxmox 8 update.

FWIW, I've built proxmox-backup-restore-image packages (for PVE 8.1+) that use the 'ntfs3' driver instead of 'ntfs', if you want you can give them a spin and see if they work better for your snapshot:

http://download.proxmox.com/temp/file-restore-ntfs-3/

Code:
$ sha256sum *.deb
23aeab40e58a130901d2b023e11339903dd90dd8ef11cb5caae8d7bafa32596c  proxmox-backup-restore-image_0.6.1~test1_amd64.deb
0f6e4746cc9408bdc3c3d81c0834531eb8fdaaa94ffd2a804a02b7c6581e6a52  proxmox-backup-restore-image-debug_0.6.1~test1_amd64.deb

Hello.

Does no need to be restarted after installation?

I installed it and it still shows:

1722534041821.png

those changes are already incorporated in the released package now, no need to install the test build.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!