[FEATURE REQUEST] Add option to set default console viewer for vms

GZTime

Oct 26, 2024
Currently, vm can only use noVNC as the default console viewer.

I checked the source code and the xtermjs property of this component can be set, so is it possible to add the option of a default console viewer to the vm options (similar to what is configured in the datacenter).

In `www/manager6/qemu/Config.js`:

```js
if (caps.vms['VM.Console'] && !template) {
me.items.push({
title: gettext('Console'),
itemId: 'console',
iconCls: 'fa fa-terminal',
xtype: 'pveNoVncConsole',
vmid: vmid,
consoleType: 'kvm',
// xtermjs: ...?
nodename: nodename,
});
}
```

If your VM is configured correctly with the serial console, xterm.js is automatically used as the default viewer. The same applies to Spice. And what kind of guest operating system is it?

1730097696966.png

You can see my ubuntu has enabled getty@ttyS0, but the default console still is noVNC, I can't switch it to xterm.js even if I set the Display to None in hardware (which causes connection error instead).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!