Error when Restoring a remote backup

supintel

Mar 25, 2022
I have tried to transfer a VM backup that I had in a proxmox installed in server A to a server B. here's what I did:
1.Backup of the VM
2.Uploaded it to the new Proxmox
3.Restored it via CLI (no errors in the task log).

When I try to change the hardware through GUI I get this error: "boot: value does not match the regex pattern" but I can change it on the CLI.

My backup is named vzdump-qemu-103-2022_03_25-14_14_57.vma.lzo. I renamed it twice (first time for ease of use, and the other I reverted the name back to avoid conflict with names),

I have also noticed that this error happens when I try to restore a backup from different proxmox versions (I had this error transferring this VM from a Proxmox with version 7.1-7 to a Proxmox with version 6.2-4), is there any workaround for this or do I need to update the other server to match version 7.1-7?

restoring a newer config on an older system might or might not work - the old system has no way of knowing about new config keys/.. after all..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!