[SOLVED] Error on Cluster Node Add

Mar 10, 2017
Ohio
primeserversinc.com
When I run the command "pvecm add vm.psi.local" it asks me for the root password of the host cluster box. I type it in, but then receive this error:
Code:
root@vm2:~# pvecm add vm.psi.local
root@vm.psi.local's password:
unable to copy ssh ID: cat: write error: Permission denied
root@vm2:~#
Any Suggestions?

I have forced the vote with 'pvecm expected 1'
I have now started the add process on the slave node, but this is the problem I am running into, and the whole reason I reinstalled the first time.
Code:
root@vm2:~# pvecm add vm.psi.local
root@vm.psi.local's password:
copy corosync auth key
stopping pve-cluster service
backup old database
Job for corosync.service failed. See 'systemctl status corosync.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
waiting for quorum...
And it just sits waiting for Quorum. When I run systemctl status this is what I get:
Code:
root@vm2:~# systemctl status corosync.service
● corosync.service - Corosync Cluster Engine
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/corosync.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2017-03-12 13:54:00 EDT; 1min 14s ago
  Process: 2008 ExecStart=/usr/share/corosync/corosync start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Mar 12 13:52:59 vm2 corosync[2016]: [MAIN  ] Corosync built-in features: augeas systemd pie relro bindnow
Mar 12 13:52:59 vm2 corosync[2017]: [TOTEM ] Initializing transport (UDP/IP Multicast).
Mar 12 13:52:59 vm2 corosync[2017]: [TOTEM ] Initializing transmit/receive security (NSS) crypto: aes256 hash: sha1
Mar 12 13:52:59 vm2 corosync[2017]: [TOTEM ] The network interface is down.
Mar 12 13:52:59 vm2 corosync[2017]: [SERV  ] Service engine loaded: corosync configuration map access [0]
Mar 12 13:52:59 vm2 corosync[2017]: [QB    ] server name: cmap
Mar 12 13:52:59 vm2 corosync[2017]: [SERV  ] Service engine loaded: corosync configuration service [1]
Mar 12 13:52:59 vm2 corosync[2017]: [QB    ] server name: cfg
Mar 12 13:52:59 vm2 corosync[2017]: [SERV  ] Service engine loaded: corosync cluster closed process group service v1.01 [2]
Mar 12 13:54:00 vm2 corosync[2008]: Starting Corosync Cluster Engine (corosync): [FAILED]
Mar 12 13:54:00 vm2 systemd[1]: corosync.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Mar 12 13:54:00 vm2 systemd[1]: Failed to start Corosync Cluster Engine.
Mar 12 13:54:00 vm2 systemd[1]: Unit corosync.service entered failed state.
When I run pvecm status in another shell:
Code:
root@vm2:/etc/pve# pvecm status
Cannot initialize CMAP service
Is there any place where I can see a more detailed log on why corosync failed?

I tried to re join and instance after following the guide, but I had to do an extra step:.

the solution was to add to /etc/ssh/sshd_config the option

MaxAuthTries 50

restart the ssh server,
then try again

and after the node was added, restore the previous value in MaxAuthTries and restart the ssh server again.

Basically it was not related to Proxmox. but it blocked me out.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!