gorbad

Sep 30, 2011
I bet this is just because of how I set my test up:
- I have VE 1.9 on two servers, in a cluster
- I created two VMs in the cluster, on which I installed VE 2.0
- I clustered the two VE 2 vms
- I create a vm on one of them, and when I went to start it, I got the error:

No Accelerator found! (500)

This is probably because I'm like 3 levels deep in virtualizing at this point, right? :) Just thought I'd check if this is possible. I don't have enough spare hardware to test a 2.0 cluster properly right now, and this would be such a neat, quick way to test.

First i tried this with Virtualbox i got the same error. You can test Proxmox only on physical servers. OpenVZ should work. The problem is that the kvm module can't be loaded.

this is because you do not have KVM inside KVM (nesting). but if you got AMD cpu´s this can be enabled (experimental).

for your first tests, you can disable KVM for your KVM guest on the the VM hardware tab. that means, you are just using qemu for the VM´s. you will see very bad performance and its also not that stable but probably enough for a short test.

KVM hardware virtualization toggle is actually on the Options tab of a VM.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!