Error: No Accelerator found! (500)

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by gorbad, Sep 30, 2011.

1. gorbad

gorbad New Member

I bet this is just because of how I set my test up:
    - I have VE 1.9 on two servers, in a cluster
    - I created two VMs in the cluster, on which I installed VE 2.0
    - I clustered the two VE 2 vms
    - I create a vm on one of them, and when I went to start it, I got the error:

No Accelerator found! (500)

This is probably because I'm like 3 levels deep in virtualizing at this point, right? :) Just thought I'd check if this is possible. I don't have enough spare hardware to test a 2.0 cluster properly right now, and this would be such a neat, quick way to test.

2. hec

hec Member

First i tried this with Virtualbox i got the same error. You can test Proxmox only on physical servers. OpenVZ should work. The problem is that the kvm module can't be loaded.

3. tom

tom Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

this is because you do not have KVM inside KVM (nesting). but if you got AMD cpu´s this can be enabled (experimental).

for your first tests, you can disable KVM for your KVM guest on the the VM hardware tab. that means, you are just using qemu for the VM´s. you will see very bad performance and its also not that stable but probably enough for a short test.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. hec

hec Member

Do you mean the cpu type? I tried what you write but with qemu32 or qemu64 it does not work.

5. mva

mva Member

KVM hardware virtualization toggle is actually on the Options tab of a VM.

6. hec

hec Member

Thank you! Now i can also test with virtualbox ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice