[SOLVED] Error networking & IP address

zerocrazy

Nov 15, 2019
Hello proxmox community!
I have a server hired in Germany and I have 2 IP addresses. When I create a VM, I get an error by default other IPv4 configuration (https://prnt.sc/rx89pp) that I really do not know where that number comes from. The question is that it leaves me without the internet and not only that, when I try to put my configuration manually netmask, gateway and ipaddress it tells me that my IP address is already being used when only that VM is created... I am testing on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Here I leave my /etc/network/interfaces settings:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

iface eth1 inet manual
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address 5.100.120.27/24
    gateway 5.100.120.1
    bridge-ports eth0
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0
    post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
    post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eno1/proxy_arp

iface vmbr0 inet6 static
    address 2a09:c207:0000:3807:0000:0000:0000:0001/64

up ip route replace 5.100.120.0/24 via 5.100.120.1 dev vmbr0

I hope someone can help me, it would be of great help and satisfaction.

the ip addres in your windows vm "169.254.0.0/255.255.0.0" , is auto configuration "apipa" protocol from when, when no ip address is defined and when no dhcp is present.

About your "ip address is already being used", are you sure that you don't have a ghost network interface in your windows ? (is it a fresh install ?)

the ip addres in your windows vm "169.254.0.0/255.255.0.0" , is auto configuration "apipa" protocol from when, when no ip address is defined and when no dhcp is present.

About your "ip address is already being used", are you sure that you don't have a ghost network interface in your windows ? (is it a fresh install ?)
Hi spirit,
Finally I solved the problem, thank you very much.

Hi,
I 'm facing the same problem, could you please share the solution with us ?
You can solve it

1. Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center> Change adapter settings.
2. Right click on the network you are using and select Properties.
3. Select the option Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and in its Properties you modify it so it would have to go there, subnet, network port and others.

Once you have done all these steps in principle it should work for you. If it has served you, give it a 'like' please.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!