Environement and hardwaresetup

Trim

Apr 13, 2020
Hey there,

i am new to proxmox and also serverstuff and i like the idea to virtualize environments.
Actually i try to build(program) a system with the ability to grow fast as hell.
To do that i need a Hardwaresetup which is known kompatible ( also PCIe ) with Proxmox. My biggest wish would be that the Hardware is cheap as possible and buildt in a serverrack with redundant powersupply and hardware raid 1 for
Scaling the System on the go.

Are there any recommended Setups?

One more Question is:”Is Proxmox compatible with dell r720xd g12”.

Because i have already one with 256gb 1333mhz ram and 4x4tb ram 2xXeon 6 core 2Ghz, No raid controller

I would be so glad if anybody can help me with the setup and compabilityproblems.

In general, if it runs Linux, and more specifically Ubuntu (Server), then it runs PVE. That includes *most* commercially available hardware, but the best way to find out is often to just run it and see for yourself.

If you need compatibility with a specific machine you can also check the Ubuntu certification website. E.g. here is a link for the model you mentioned :)

Reactions: Trim

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!