Empty statistics for sender and receiver?

Volker1

May 6, 2019
My PMG is configured as mail-relay to transport incoming to our Exchange server. I can see a statistic for domain but the statistics for sender and receiver are empty, also postscreen is empty. Why?

You need to make sure that the internal and external SMTP ports are configured correctly.
  • check the PMG settings
  • check your firewall
  • check your exchange (for sending via the PMG)
As you run exchange, I recommend you use 25 as internal (so no exchange port changes are necessary) and 26 as external. your firewall has to accept 25 from internet and forward to 26 on the PMG.

The settings are OK (as you described). PMG is transporting mails as it should. But only certain charts are empty.

It makes no sense to post the same in two threads in parallel.

Do you mean that my both posts "How to configure own domain as outgoing mail?" has the same reason as "Empty statistics for sender and receiver?"

yes, you have a wrong port configuration.

Hello, Im having the same problem. We have PMG configured as mail-relay to transport incoming to our Zimbra server (only incoming traffic) and my statistics Receiver (Incoming) are empty.

Is there any thing to populate it?

Best regards
Carlos

If you do not sent outgoing mail via the gateway, you need to disable "Use advanced statistic filters" in Configuration/Options.

Reactions: si458
The problem is still there and I also have empty statistics for outgoing mails and the filtering of outgoing transfer is not working. The outgoing filtering works like incoming.

The guys from Proxmox adviced me to read the manual and set the ports right, but it did not solve it. They use ports for detecting the direction. Im ny opinion the source for the described functions should be configurable to use foreign domains instead of using ports.

Best regards
Volker

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!