[SOLVED] Due to a change of internet operator I cannot access to the host

wpx

Oct 18, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am very recent with all this proxmox... I have a host that runs on the ip .5.112 with 2 virtual machines created... macOS and Windows for both I use GPU passthrough, it works wonderfully the drawback is that I I moved house and my internet operator changed, now my devices are under the .1.XXX network I need to access my host through webui or ssh to configure and access the administration of my virtual machines ... but the problem It is that when I start my PC the screen goes black waiting for a machine to start... I do it blindly because I already learned the series of commands to access and start any of the two VMs but I still can't access the configuration of my host even if it is to change the ip to enter through webui or ssh... any solution or idea?... I repeat I'm new and I think there must be some simple solution but I can't find it.

Option 1):
Change your routers subnet from 192.168.1.1/24 to 192.168.5.1/24. Log into the routers webUI and search for such an option. This would be my prefered method, as you don't need to change the static IPs of all your machines to the new subnet.

Option 2):
Connect a display+keybaord to your PVE server and use the console to edit your PVE hosts static IP to one of the new subnet. For that you need to edit "/etc/network/interfaces", "/etc/hosts" and "/etc/resolv.conf".
In case you can't use the console because you passhoughed all your GPUs and no one is left for the host itself, you could enter the BIOS/UEFI and disable IOMMU. Without that PCI passthrough will fail and in case you didn't backlisted your GPUs you should have a display output as the VMs will fail to start.
In case you blacklisted them you could boot a Live Linux from a USB stick, mount your PVE system disk and edit the 3 config files that way.

Reactions: wpx
Option 1):
Change your routers subnet from 192.168.1.1/24 to 192.168.5.1/24. Log into the routers webUI and search for such an option. This would be my prefered method, as you don't need to change the static IPs of all your machines to the new subnet.

Option 2):
Connect a display+keybaord to your PVE server and use the console to edit your PVE hosts static IP to one of the new subnet. For that you need to edit "/etc/network/interfaces", "/etc/hosts" and "/etc/resolv.conf".
In case you can't use the console because you passhoughed all your GPUs and no one is left for the host itself, you could enter the BIOS/UEFI and disable IOMMU. Without that PCI passthrough will fail and in case you didn't backlisted your GPUs you should have a display output as the VMs will fail to start.
In case you blacklisted them you could boot a Live Linux from a USB stick, mount your PVE system disk and edit the 3 config files that way.
yeah finally i change the range of the subnet and i can access now to the host... thank, your a crack

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!