drbdmanage license change

The creators of DRBD (Linbit) requested to maintain their plugin by their own.

Basically the DRBD creators are known to know their DRBD code quite well, so you will not get any better place for DRBD support, so please contact them.

So I think, there is no problem include this in main repository of Promox. Thanks.

Hi Philipp,

I think the Lintec Proxmox 5 plugin build of DRBD contains an old DRBD version. It's v8.4.7 instead of v9.0.
Now a Proxmox 5 node breaks configuration and functionalitity in an existing Proxmox4 cluster....

How can we solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Ruben Waitz

Here are my findings.

# cat /proc/drbd
version: 8.4.7 (api:1/proto:86-101)
srcversion: 4702B0F5608C26F576DF75A

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/linbit.list
deb http://packages.linbit.com/proxmox/ proxmox-5 drbd-9.0

# apt list --installed | grep drbd
drbd-utils/unknown,now 9.1.1+linbit-1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
drbdmanage-proxmox/unknown,now 2.1-1 all [installed]
python-drbdmanage/unknown,now 0.99.12-1 all [installed,automatic]

Dear DRBD and Proxmox VE users,

please find details about LINBIT's repository for Proxmox VE users here:
http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2016-December/023418.html

right now it is for Proxmox VE 4.3, we will create one for 4.4 as soon as it is
available.

Hi,Ruben Waitz

you are aware this is a Proxmox Forum and has nothing to do with Linbit.

The DRBD Proxmox packages seem to have been updated by Linbit for PVE5 on 15th October. If any forum member has been using those packages, can they please tell us their experiences?

The DRBD Proxmox packages seem to have been updated by Linbit for PVE5 on 15th October. If any forum member has been using those packages, can they please tell us their experiences?
Hi,
I've tried this but don't got it running.

Ask linbit via twitter for an howto - no answer!

Drbd for pve looks not very well for me. It's an pity - I had good experiences with drbd and in some cases it's makes much more sense than ceph.

Udo

Hi moxfan, I used on PVE 5, I'm still testing it and works fine for now, they made many stability improvements with latest versions
There are still some bugs, I noticed some with drbd cluster creation and management, adding and remove nodes for example.

New DRBD Proxmox packages available now (release date: 10 January 2018).
I would like to know if with this new release, is DRBD ready for his use in a production environment? (this question include any change in the configuration options)

Best regards
Cesar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!