Downloading data files from Proxmox node

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by kokoticek, Dec 8, 2018 at 17:05.

1. kokoticek

kokoticek Member

In GUI, uploading files by going to "Local" storage, tab "Contents", and clicking "Upload" works as expected.

But what about downloading? There's no option in GUI nor by right-clicking a file, not even in recent 5.3 release. Is only way to download files using CLI with SCP or the like?

shantanu likes this.
  2. shantanu

shantanu Member

In addition to the use case of 'download to my workstation', I have a use case that once a backup is done, I need to copy the backup file to a central server.

For the file upload idea ...
    a simple username (password?) box with the destination location would be good to have.
    (I have a script setup on the PVE host to calculate the latest version of the backup for a particular VMID and then scp it the central location)

3. kokoticek

kokoticek Member

4. kokoticek

kokoticek Member

5. fabian

fabian Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

there is no download option - in general, you can use SSH/SCP. for backups, you can also setup a hook script - many people use this for moving backups to their final location. see the vzdump documentation and check out the example script that's shipped with pve-manager.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice