does PBS support iSCSI disk?

lup

Nov 7, 2023
1699396909531.png
sdb is a iSCSI disk, I can mount it, and create fs and datastore, how can the disk list command show it ?

Hi lup,

Welcome to the forums!

sdb is a iSCSI disk, I can mount it, and create fs and datastore, how can the disk list command show it ?
I think I just faced the same problem as you, wondering whether LVM thin was supported in my case.

Initialize creates a new GPT, do you need that?

In my case: I forgot to mount the storage.

Hi lup,

Welcome to the forums!

I think I just faced the same problem as you, wondering whether LVM thin was supported in my case.

Initialize creates a new GPT, do you need that?

In my case: I forgot to mount the storage.
thank you for reply, I just use the iSCSI disk as normal disk, mount in /etc/fstab and create fs, pbs use it create datastore under dir on it.
Sorry for I don't know LVM thin and I have no idea about it.:)

thank you for reply, I just use the iSCSI disk as normal disk, mount in /etc/fstab and create fs, pbs use it create datastore under dir on it.
In that case, is there a file system on it and is it mounted when you add it as storage in PBS?

In that case, is there a file system on it and is it mounted when you add it as storage in PBS?
I use iscsiadm to add the iscsi disk, then I use fdisk to Initialize creates a new GPT, then mkfs format the partition
then mount in fstab, then create the datastore by dir on the pbs web interface.
1699458129538.png1699458271016.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!