Docker LXC Unprivileged container on Proxmox 7 with ZFS

Any news on this? I've issue with a Virtual Machine too. I'm running it with this kernel:

Bash:
Linux ubuntu 5.15.0-73-generic #80-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 15 15:18:26 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

This error is present in the logs:

Bash:
containerd[636]: time="2023-05-31T03:32:58.115725749+02:00" level=info msg="skip loading plugin \"io.containerd.snapshotter.v1.aufs\"..." error="aufs is not supported (modprobe aufs failed: exit status 1 \"modprobe: FATAL: Module aufs not found in directory /lib/modules/5.15.0-73-generic\\n\"): skip plugin" type=io.containerd.snapshotter.v1

How can I load the aufs module?

Any news on this? I've issue with a Virtual Machine too. I'm running it with this kernel:

Bash:
Linux ubuntu 5.15.0-73-generic #80-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 15 15:18:26 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

This error is present in the logs:

Bash:
containerd[636]: time="2023-05-31T03:32:58.115725749+02:00" level=info msg="skip loading plugin \"io.containerd.snapshotter.v1.aufs\"..." error="aufs is not supported (modprobe aufs failed: exit status 1 \"modprobe: FATAL: Module aufs not found in directory /lib/modules/5.15.0-73-generic\\n\"): skip plugin" type=io.containerd.snapshotter.v1

How can I load the aufs module?
If you have the problem in your guest OS inside of an KVM/QEMU VM, please contact the guest OS vendor, e.g. in this case ubuntu.

If you have the problem in your guest OS inside of an KVM/QEMU VM, please contact the guest OS vendor, e.g. in this case ubuntu.
Is there any guest OS which run Docker without any issue on Proxmox with ZFS? I used Ubuntu cloud image with a generic Kernel. Do you know if the "standard" Ubuntu Server works?

Is there any guest OS which run Docker without any issue on Proxmox with ZFS? I used Ubuntu cloud image with a generic Kernel. Do you know if the "standard" Ubuntu Server works?
It does not matter what kind of storage backs your hypervisor. The whole point is the abstraction that is provided by KVM/QEMU in order to run your guest. If you have a problem in your guest OS, it's a guest OS problem, not a hypervisor problem.

Converning your problem: aufs is dead for many years, it's deprecated and was removed by docker, so maybe your problem is exactly this.

It does not matter what kind of storage backs your hypervisor. The whole point is the abstraction that is provided by KVM/QEMU in order to run your guest. If you have a problem in your guest OS, it's a guest OS problem, not a hypervisor problem.

Converning your problem: aufs is dead for many years, it's deprecated and was removed by docker, so maybe your problem is exactly this.
I'm actually using overlay2 storage driver:

Bash:
kamzata@dokku:~$ docker info
Client: Docker Engine - Community
 Version:    24.0.2
 Context:    default
 Debug Mode: false
 Plugins:
  buildx: Docker Buildx (Docker Inc.)
    Version:  v0.10.5
    Path:     /usr/libexec/docker/cli-plugins/docker-buildx
  compose: Docker Compose (Docker Inc.)
    Version:  v2.18.1
    Path:     /usr/libexec/docker/cli-plugins/docker-compose

Server:
 Containers: 5
  Running: 2
  Paused: 0
  Stopped: 3
 Server Version: 24.0.2
 Storage Driver: overlay2
  Backing Filesystem: extfs
  Supports d_type: true
  Using metacopy: false
  Native Overlay Diff: true
  userxattr: false
 Logging Driver: json-file
 Cgroup Driver: systemd
 Cgroup Version: 2
 Plugins:
  Volume: local
  Network: bridge host ipvlan macvlan null overlay
  Log: awslogs fluentd gcplogs gelf journald json-file local logentries splunk syslog
 Swarm: inactive
 Runtimes: io.containerd.runc.v2 runc
 Default Runtime: runc
 Init Binary: docker-init
 containerd version: 3dce8eb055cbb6872793272b4f20ed16117344f8
 runc version: v1.1.7-0-g860f061
 init version: de40ad0
 Security Options:
  apparmor
  seccomp
   Profile: builtin
  cgroupns
 Kernel Version: 5.15.0-73-generic
 Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
 OSType: linux
 Architecture: x86_64
 CPUs: 2
 Total Memory: 3.832GiB
 Name: dokku
 ID: ff836453-3441-4b6b-8150-2f1deaeb9de1
 Docker Root Dir: /var/lib/docker
 Debug Mode: false
 Experimental: false
 Insecure Registries:
  127.0.0.0/8
 Live Restore Enabled: false

But I see this error message as well:

Bash:

Furthermore, Docker seems to work partially... I mean, sometimes it throws some errors during containers removal process...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!