[SOLVED] Disable spam reports only for some users

larsen

Feb 28, 2020
Hello,

we have some users that seldomly get spam mails and some who get a lot of them. For the first group it would be good to keep the daily spam reports, as this won't happen daily, but when there is a spam (maybe false positive), the user gets informed.

For the second group, the daily spam report would be a nuisance, as for them it would be better to only manually check the quarantine once a week or only when they suspect a legitimate mail might have been flagged as spam.

Is this possible?
If not, could you please take this as a feature request?

Lars

Just to note: If there is nothing in the quarantine, no daily report is sent.

Yes, but the problem is when it is sent daily.
That is the feature. If user got SPAM, the report sends the information to the users.

Here are you options:
  • Just enable the SPAM quarantine for some users. For the rest, just mark the EMaild with SPAM in the subject.
  • Disable reports for all (and enable LDAP logins: only possible if your email server stores user in LDAP)

So, it's not possible to disable the reports only for some users?
Its possible, but the other way (I talk about the quarantine, not only the report).

Enable the quarantine just for some users.

And yes, the report setting is a global flag.

Ok, understood.
The quarantine is useful for all users, so the other way isn't feasible for us.

Where could I report a feature request for this? Bugzilla?

You can submit such request via bugzilla.proxmox.com

But I doubt that that some will implement this. If your users to not want to read the report, just filter them out using their email clients.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!