disable mail notifications for pvesr

Nov 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

we would like to disable the mail notifications/alarms for the storage replication because we are about to roll our own monitoring.

Is there any way to disable these mails ? The other mails (zfs status, available updates, ...) should still be delivered.

It seems that there was a way to disable them (https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/disabling-email-notifications-for-replication-jobs.43926/) but the corresponding systemdunit vanished in the current release of PVE (we are currently running 7.3-4). Which service is currently responsible for scheduling the replication jobs ?

Thank you all so much,
Gregor

pve-scheduler, but I think atm it's not possible to override this short of patching (or making the local postfix drop the mails).

Has this option been added to 8.x?
No, but there is currently work being done to overhaul the notification system where you can also turn on/off certain types of notifications. If all goes well that might go in with the next release.

Reactions: _gabriel
I too would love to see a way to selectively suppress certain notifications especially the replication failure notices where it's not really a problem since it usually resolves itself after a period of time.

Guess for now I'll setup e-mail filtering rule to put em in a different folder to be deleted later.

I too would love to see a way to selectively suppress certain notifications especially the replication failure notices where it's not really a problem since it usually resolves itself after a period of time.
Changes that allow enabling/disabling notifications for certain events, as well as selecting different recipients have been merged recently and are available on the pvetest repository. They should soon be available on the pve-no-subscription repository.

Reactions: Darkk and UdoB

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!