DirectAdmin MySQL and Centos LXC container

pizza

Renowned Member
Nov 7, 2015
I'm testing DirectAdmin in Centos 6 and 7 LXC (Proxmox 4.1). DirectAdmin and Roundcube cannot connect to the mysql socket:

Error connecting to MySQL: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)
The file /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock exists and I can connect to mysql in SSH. However there seems to be a problem when using localhost. I changed the config from Roundcube from localhost to 127.0.0.1 and it works.

Is there a workaround for using localhost instead?

Hi pizza,
Any idea how to fix this on a system with a simple ext4 filesystem?
Having same issue in my DA installation.

Thanks

I was referring to the MySQL error. I don't have a ZFS just a local raid on ext4. What are the proper commands to deal with acl to make it work?

Not as I can't figure out how to make it to work. Seems too buy the LXC. I switched machines to KVM which works great.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!