different spam level for different emails

Jacky Li

Jan 15, 2019
Hi,

Is it possible to set different spam level for different emails? Some users wants to allow emails with spam score at 8 while others want it at 3. On that front, is there an option to change the spam action settings? Some users may choose to discard it, quarantine or just deliver (turn off spam)? Thank you.

Jacky

Hm - Users cannot change the mail-filter themselves (unless you give them admin privileges) (by design).

You can however create some rules to match the desired behavior:
* create a who object for each group (userswantspamlevel8, userswantspamlevel3,...)
* create a rule with the fitting who object, what object (spam level 8, ...), action object (quarantine, block, accept) for each combination

I hope this helps!

Thank you for the reply. I guess it will be very painful to setup for many users who want different stuff. :)

I guess it will be very painful to setup for many users who want different stuff.
depends - I probably would offer the users 1-4 options of how spam is handled - and they can chose between those - otherwise this seems quite tedious to maintain ...

Good luck! :)

Maybe something to think about as a feature set in the future? Give them the option to control their own spam settings in the quarantine area:

Maybe something to think about as a feature set in the future? Give them the option to control their own spam settings in the quarantine area:

We do not think that emails users should be authorized to change their global spam settings - users do not have the technical background.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!