1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difference between 4.1a and 4.1b

Discussion in 'Mail Gateway: Installation and configuration' started by jbu_inmedias, Sep 25, 2017.

1. jbu_inmedias

jbu_inmedias New Member

Hello all,
    we are considering Proxmox Mail Gateway as our all-in-one solution for most of the E-mail problems we have in our company. That being said, it is still unclear why there are two datasheets of the same product on the Proxmox website and why 4.1a is neither being offered to test, nor advertised for that matter. It would answer most of our technical questions, actually:
    1. Do you offer a commercial anti-spam solution?
    2. Can we use an alternative to Avira (e.g. ESET) parallel to ClamAV?
    3. Is it possible to use a LDAP server to authenticate (instead of local users)?
    4. Can we use DKIM with Proxmox Mail Gateway?

Thank you in advance!

2. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

The actual version is 4.1b:

https://www.proxmox.com/images/download/pmg/docs/Proxmox-Mail-Gateway-4.1b-Datasheet.pdf

yes

that is currently not possible

yes

no

3. jbu_inmedias

jbu_inmedias New Member

Could you please name it?
    Support for Avira ended last month. It would leave us running only ClamAV. Are there any plans to support it in the future?
    I did not mean LDAP-Profiles. Rather, if one can login to the Proxmox management interface (and be assigned a role accordingly) through LDAP. I imagine it would involve editing some file from the console?
    Thanks!

4. dietmar

Staff Member

see https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-mail-gateway

Yes. The next version (5.X) may allow external scanners. But so far this is just a plan.

No, that is not possible.

5. jbu_inmedias

jbu_inmedias New Member

I'm sorry, but I see no mention of a commercial software (neither on the link you provided, nor on the Datasheet for 4.1b). Spamassassin is not a commercial software, it's open source. I hope I'm not missing anything obvious, so if that's the case, please let me know.

6. dietmar

Staff Member

The product uses spamassassin, but contain much more code.