Dell - Proxmox - TSC_Deadline 0xb000020

Waywatcher

Jul 2, 2019
Good day all.

I was rebooting a node earlier and saw the following error:
TSC_Deadline disabled due to Errata... 0xb000020

Some searching online points to needing to install intel-microcode.

This forum post: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/fresh-install-freezes-on-startup.55420/#post-255097 suggests setting to nomodeset.

We are running on a Dell PowerEdge R630. What is the best approach to fix this issue?

Thank you,

Scott

Attachments

• 0004, PowerEdge R630, User_ root.png
    0004, PowerEdge R630, User_ root.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 34
Seems like a case of outdated BIOS and outdated microcode of CPU. To quote the explanation from here:

Your processor microcode (firmware) is old and contains bugs. Sometimes motherboard BIOS updates contain processor microcode updates, but not always, and BIOS isn't always at the latest level.

To allow OS to update your processor microcode, do this:
Code:
apt-add-repository restricted
apt update
apt install intel-microcode
reboot

Reactions: Waywatcher
Thank you very much. I will have to schedule some time to give these suggestions a go. I will try to be sure to follow up with my results.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!