Deleting partial backups on datastore

dthompson

Nov 23, 2011
Canada
www.digitaltransitions.ca
I have a backup that went to the wrong store, in this case VM 216
I can see that its sitting on the wrong drive (partially). How do I remove the vm and all the chunks and data associated with it

There is nothing in the GUI to delete. I tried a garbage collection but that did nothing.

you should be able to delete a single snapshot by pressing the red 'trashcan'

The issue is that its a partial backup that actually isn't showing in the GUI. There is nothing to delete GUI wise unfortunately.

Inside the /datastore/vm folder there is only the "owner" file and no data. The folder itself is 4.0K.

Am I safe to delete this folder or are there other steps that need to be taken in order to delete the contents of what was partially backed up?

the 'owner' file is just a leftover and not really part of the backup, so if there is no other folder in there, there is no 'partial' backup

Am I safe to delete this folder
yes

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!