Default extend/display all "folders"/pools on the left side

Anotheruser

Sep 21, 2022
Is it possible that all the "folders" - in the server view, the individual hosts - in the folder view, nodes, virtual machines & storage - in the pool view, the individual pools,
are extended by default if you log into the webinterface. I dont mind if it is somewhere in a config, it would be a huge improvement bc currently after each login i need to go through like 30 pools and extend each one manually.
Thx

I am wondering the same thing. Haven't found any way to do this in the documentation or online anywhere.

Still looking for a solution to this,
i am probably going to make a script or browserplugin that fixes this, shouldnt be to complicated

Hello, did you ever get to this? Seems like the original feature request is still "NEW"
Not really,
i originally planned to write a simple browser plugin that emulates "clicking" on all the expands that are in a pre set list but never got to it,
i am currently just using the Folder view and we created a bunch of dummy vms with several ############ in the name we use as sort of separators between vm groups......

But i got my hopes up that they are going to implement sth that helps regarding organizing large amounts of vms in the upcommng
Project "Cattle and Pets" thing that is mentioned on their road map https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Roadmap

I am probably going to create an entry in their bugzilla for a couple of feature requests, that would really make our lives easier, currently managing a bunch of clusters including 2 that are over 25 nodes.

@proxmox team, if you read this and can give at least some informations on it, do you have at least some eta for this update or any features that are currently in consideration and might be included?, would be really cool :)

Last edited:
Reactions: yusisushi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!