[SOLVED] Debian LXC no LAN access

ajmorris

Feb 9, 2023
Hello,

I have downloaded and spun up a debian LXC using the standard CT template. The resultant LXC has internet access, but has no LAN access.
I cannot access any local boxes from the container, nor can any local boxes connect to the container.
I have disabled the firewall to test it, but still no good.
The container has internet access through its default route which points at my local gateway that provides a WAN connection which is provided through DHCP, but even that box is not accessible for connection.

Any help to debug would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
AJ

Hi,

For more information, please provide us with the network configuration on the Proxmox VE side `cat /etc/network/interfaces` and the container configuration `pct config <CTID>`

Hi,

For more information, please provide us with the network configuration on the Proxmox VE side `cat /etc/network/interfaces` and the container configuration `pct config <CTID>`

Hi,

Please see outputs below:

Bash:
$ cat /etc/network/interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Code:
$ pct config 102

arch: amd64
cores: 2
features: nesting=1
hostname: <host>
memory: 4096
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr1,hwaddr=<mac>,ip=dhcp,type=veth
ostype: debian
rootfs: local-lvm:vm-102-disk-0,size=56G
swap: 2048
unprivileged: 1

vmbr1 is my primary LAN network device in proxmox, vmbr0 provides WAN through a gatway that sits on vmbr1

Last edited:
Hi Moayad,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
I have fixed my issue - I'm not sure what was causing it, but it was resolved by deleting the network device and recreating it.

Thanks,
AJ

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!