Debian container issues on lxc

sahostking

Renowned Member
When we have a customer with a debian container it seems to not work.

It starts intially but then if the customer updates it for some reason it breaks and we cannot do pct list until we kill the processes for the CT

Anyone know anyway aroudn this. Seems all other linux os's work.

It starts intially but then if the customer updates it for some reason it breaks and we cannot do pct list.

What 'breaks' exactly? Any error messages? What OS and template do you use? How do you update? And please can you post the container configuration?

Hi

Well customer purchases VPS and it auto installs CentOS as default. Then customer can change and reinstall to Ubuntu, Arch,Debian ,etc.
If customer reinstalls using any other template except debian it works.

Templates were downloaded via Proxmox gui to shared storage - LXC debian 8 and debian 7
I've tried both.

Setting up a container with Debian it never starts and if I go pct start $CT it stops with PCT start $CT and Proxmox gui does not work right and Login to Proxmox gui does not work and even cant pct list on another SSH session. Can't start the any debian template I setup with lxc-start -F

Quite strange that its only debian template. I redownloaded it this morning and same thing on both our VPS nodes using Proxmox Virtual Environment 4.2-17/e1400248.

Hi

Well customer purchases VPS and it auto installs CentOS as default. Then customer can change and reinstall to Ubuntu, Arch,Debian ,etc.
If customer reinstalls using any other template except debian it works.

Proxmox VE has no "VPS purchase function" and no "re-install" function.?

So you talk here about another tools, not Proxmox VE. Therefore you should report your issue on the right place.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!